Norton Timber has, over the years gained a wealth of knowledge and experience in the timber industry. This enables us to offer the wide range of services displayed on our web site. By building on our strengths and maintaining the high quality of our products we are confident that Norton Timber will be able to help, be it supplying fresh sawn beams, Oak flooring, or designing and building your dream Oak framed house. We have the knowledge and equipment to make your dreams a reality.
NORTON TIMBER'S EXPANDING SERVICES INCLUDE
See how our design process works:
- Initial contact
- Initial meeting – informal discussion around ideas
- Site visits of existing work to see similar projects from catalogue
- On instruction from client design plans/scheme, including production of groundworks plans, foundations and drainage, produced for clients approval – design fee is agreed
- Present interpretation of their wishes
- Further design meetings if required
- Once design is formally agree a quotation is produced listing specifically what is covered.
See how our build process works:
- On receiving deposit, slot is reserved in the build schedule
- Frame designs sent to an engineer for structural sign off
- Timber sourced
- Frame is built in framing workshop
- Pre-assembled – all joint numbered to corresponding position in frame for ease of reassembly on site
- Clients are encouraged to take a proactive involvement in their build, visiting the workshop to see their project come together
- Once completed delivery to site and crane is arranged
- Norton Timber deal with all health and safety and insurances on site.
See what our framing shop offers:
- Proud of facilities built over the years to enable us to produce extremely precise finished products
- Framing shop benefits from power floated, lazer level concrete floor that we installed
- We have installed two gantry frames enabling us to lift and assemble large sections of oak frame at any one time. This enables us not only to operate more safely but also more time efficiently
- Well equipped with top of the range power/hand tools
- Site itself has capacity to hold timber enough for several builds.
Take advantage of our project management services:
On a project to project basis, according to our client’s needs/wishes we are pleased to offer a project management service that will see your project through to completion.
- Design and build
- Issuing of construction drawings at various stages of the build
- Advise on, or source, materials and sub-contractors
- Co-ordinate sub-contractors through the build ensuring smooth transitions through each phase.